Zone3 Men's Vision Wetsuit (2021)
The Advance Wetsuit has long been recognised as the undisputed best entry-level wetsuit on the market. Upon presenting the Advance with its ‘Best in Test’ award, 220 Triathlon Magazine commented:
‘The Advance wouldn’t feel out of place against many of the mid-range products available at twice the price’ and that it was a brilliant all-rounder that comes at a great price’.
Building upon these already lofty foundation blocks, the latest edition of the Advance takes another huge step forward. Most notably, it now features the world’s highest-performing YAMAMOTO foam. Still maintaining its modest price tag, the Advance wetsuit is the perfect choice for the beginner or intermediate swimmers looking for a comfortable and performance-focused wetsuit for training, racing or unwinding in the open water.
• 220 Triathlon: Best on Test 2016-2018
• Triathlon Plus: Top Value 2016
• 220 Triathlon: Best Buy 2017
- Brand New Yamamoto #39 SCS Free-Flex shoulder panel provides a comfortable and energy-efficient swim.
- X-10 one-piece shoulder panel design extends across the chest and shoulders to give more flexibility, comfort and stroke efficiency.
- B.R.E: Body Rotation Enhancement panel on the front chest helps maximise distance per stroke and body roll during your swim.
- 14% weight reduction versus 2020 model despite offering more buoyancy.
- 10 different materials used to ensure maximum performance, comfort and durability whilst still maintaining an attractive price point.
- 5mm buoyancy panels on the torso and front legs as well as Aerodome on the hip panels to offer superior core support.
- Aerodome is a unique material designed with air bubbles built between the fabric layers to make it lighter and more buoyant, producing up to 30% more buoyancy than conventional neoprene.
- Combination of SCS or AQUA-X coatings to significantly reduce drag and improve durability.
- Pro Speed Arm and Leg cuffs make it one of the fastest suits in transition.
- Laser-cut collar provides a comfortable ‘soft-close’ fit around the neck.
- Eco-Friendly Neoprene derived from limestone and scrap rubber tires reduces energy consumption and CO2 emissions by 200g per suit. The majority of neoprene production waste is recycled back into the suits, helping to minimise landfill waste and help protect the environment we train in.
Benefits of a wetsuit featuring Yamamoto material:
- Speed: The aqua dynamic 'SCS' Nano coating applied to the neoprene creates almost zero drag through the water. A drag coefficient of just 0.021 compared with 4.0 for regular neoprene wetsuits. The SCS coating also prevents the suit from absorbing water, therefore avoiding excess weight in the wetsuit.
- Flexibility: A massive 480-580% in elongation, compared with human skin (underarm) which is just 60-70%. Superior flexibility and comfort with an expansion of 7x conventional wetsuit materials.
- Warmth: High heat retention: Keeping the body warmer in colder waters to help reduce body fatigue and improve performance.
- Eco: The neoprene is also derived from limestone as opposed to petroleum which is more environmentally friendly.